Ecstatic Dance Oxford Chapter 3.
Time & Location
About The Event
We provide a held, safe space that empowers everyone to express themselves freely and to build the courage to dance without inhibitions. This space is for your own free-form movement supported by a powerful sound scape.
The dance connects people to themselves and each other without the distraction of speech, alcohol and other substances.
It is a wonderful way of exercising without any set steps or instructions. There are no steps to learn, only your natural rhythm waiting to be discovered!
You are free to dance alone and there is no pressure to connect with anyone else, just be yourself and honour what you need in the moment.
Come and follow the music, a universal language that brings people together and creates a beautiful community.
- 19:00 Doors open (last entrance 19:20)
- 19:00 - 19:20 Guided warm-up
- 19:30 Opening circle
- 19:30 - 21:30 Dance finishing with relaxation
- 21:30 - 22:00 Drinks and treats are on sale in our chillout area
Drinks and treats are on sale in our chillout area during or after the dance.
We are passionate about music and we carefully select tracks for our events so that we can deliver an eclectic mix of genres for you. From tribal to electronic and everything in between we aim to assist a natural flow peaking and resting to mirror the rhythm and energy of life. The music becomes the facilitator during the wild ecstatic dance ending with moments of stillness into silence where we can rest and breathe together.
1. The dance is a silent practice - you are welcome to communicate with others with your body language, but please keep words outside the space. You're welcome to talk in the chillout area.
2. No drugs/alcohol.
3. Phone-free zone. Please keep your phones off/silent and out of sight.
4. Respect of self and other. We ask participants to take responsibility for themselves, but also to watch out for others and be mindful of their personal space.
5. The dance provides a way to connect with people without using touch so during the dance please allow people to move freely without making physical contact
6.No photography, we will not take photos of you & we ask you not to take photos of others.
7. Tickets are non refundable
8. Our events are 14+ and we ask that 14-17yrs are accompanied by an adult.
Frequently asked questions:https://www.ecstaticdanceoxford.com/faqs
For further information visit our website:https://www.ecstaticdanceoxford.com